Monday, September 7, 2009

Busy Weekend

This was a busy weekend for me, I went to Amelia on Saturday and met up with Dawn and we hit a couple of stores and had lunch it was a really nice day for me. I found some new Flower soft in Rustic Red and Christmas Green and decided to use them with the new D1374 Ms Holiday stamp set from the new Fall Idea book. the tree is done with flower soft and I used liquid applique on the decorations o the tree, I also used Z308 liquid applique on the hat, I stamped her again in Z2116 cranberry and than paper pieced her dress. I used the X7085B Everlasting paper pk. The second Ms. Holiday card I did, I used the rustic red flower soft on her dress just to see how it would turn out, I needed to have used more flower soft, but shes not to bad.


Been tryin to make a few more manly cards so I made this fron X7110B Back country and the stamp set is D1213 Hunting, I used coloring pencils and gamsol to color him in.

On Sunday I went to see EJ at her house and to play, well she decided we were going to play with Ranger alcohol inks and aluminum foil, plus the cuttlebug well this turned out to be alot of fun, SP and I made a couple of these, and then I bought mine home to turn them into cards becuse I ran out of time at EJ's. While I was there I stamped a few images to bring home to color and use later.
Today, I went to Michaels and picked up some of the ranger alcohol inks, but this is what I did before I left the house.
This first card I have from Ej's is the Alcohol ink and foil. I used choc ribbon, D1181 Autumn Splendor and Z1304 Autumn just blooms. EJ I hope you like how it turned out.

The next card is using X7110B Back country papers and one of the stamps from Ej, I don't know the name of it, I just thought it was cute and would go well with our CTMH back country papers

This next is using 9032 Originals page 70 Peek-A-Boo card, the stamp set is D1067 Racoon and Friends and X7110B back country papers, I used 3505 coloring pencils and gamsol to color the bears I then cut them apart.

This last one, I don't know why it is a little blurring but it looks better in person. I used the ranger alcohol inks and glossy cardstock to make the background for the fish and then I stamped him with Z888 Staz on black, the fish is from C1277 Catch of the Day, design is from page 21 of 9032 Originals Book, paper is X7110B back country.


I have had a really good time this weekend and ladies, Thanks. It was nice to get out of the house and visit.
Thanks for stopping by. comments are always welcome.
Becky


















1 comment:

creativearts said...

Becky, Beautiful cards. You did a great job with the alcohol inks. I am so glad you are feeling some better and came up yesterday. Since it was cloudy today and I was up at 5:30 again, I put together some cards. I placed the orders last night and neither company had the Xmas embossing set you and Sonnie wanted. You need to search to see if you can find it. Sorry.
Eleanor